Friday 2 March 2007

what’s the price?

  • a taxi ride from work to home - 27 HK$ (cheap!)
  • a very beautiful antique Chinese round box that I want - 18000 HK$ (speaks for it self…)
  • a lunch at the Vietnamese place or Thai restaurant just around the corner from where I work – 40HK$ (good food to a very good price)
  • my monthly gym fee – 799 HK$ (definitely more than I pay at home, but here they provide water, a selection of DVD’s for the treadmills, clothes to work out in, towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion etc and there’s a nice café within the facilities where you also can check your email…)
  • a movie – 70 HK$ (like home)
  • a freshly squeezed orange juice - 10 HK$ (perfect!)
  • a litre of milk – 22 HK$ (bloody expensive… almost x4 more than I pay at home…)
  • a 90 min foot and body massage (thai) -160 HK$ (so good and such a good price too -love it!! No wonder it has turned into our Friday-straight-after-work tradition…)
(A quick calculation for you all…. A HKD value is about the same as the Swedish krona (27HKD is like 24 SEK I think. so very cheap taxi ride...), to get the approximate value to a AUD you have to divide the HKD price by 6. If this was London my taxi ride would be like 1,5 GBP and if I lived in the US it would cost me 3,5 USD to get home).


Ciao and have a great weekend!
(Guess what I am doing after work since it's Friday...)

2 comments:

Evalinn said...

I also want foot and body massage as my friday routine! Especially for that price!!

I´m curious, how´s the gym over there? Do you take any classes or just use the machines?

ulrica said...

Gym is good. I like it.

Sofar, just classes... (they have classes I'm used to, but also classes I'm not...) But once I feel stronger, I will hit the machines as well. Have a program that my dear old PT Mini M in STHLM gave me...