Wednesday 14 February 2007

Valentine’s


Happy Valentine’s everyone!

Walking to work today I passed lots of people carrying big flower-bouquets, and that‘s when I realised that it is Valentine’s… (Apparently Valentines is really big here in HK and if the guys do not manage to send their girls flower bouquets to work, well then they are in big trouble…and dinner out is a must! All restaurants are fully booked).

Being a Swedish girl I do not take this tradition very seriously. Or maybe it’s because I’m single… I’m not used to getting either flowers or dinners… Last year I actually had my hopes up for maybe receiving a sweet card in the post (cause I actually had a boyfriend then, even if he was on the other side of the world…) , but maybe the card got lost in the mail or something… However, I got a phone call, and I guess that’s good enough (see, very easy to please this girl…).

Some years ago I actually did get presents, but that’s so long ago now that I’ve forgotten what they were… (I do remember though how I surprised an ex of mine one Valentines. When he got home a path of candles were leading the way to the bedroom. And there was I with candy hearts covering special parts of my body and I had a rose in my mouth (see, this girl is not only easy to please but is also a very sweet and pleasing girlfriend…).

However that’s history and this year I’m expecting nothing...
And come to think of it, shouldn’t there be a day for us who have nothing to expect a day like this instead… For all those lonely hearts out there, or even worse - for those with broken hearts… Having a special day to celebrate happy couples love (who actually can and should cherish each other every day…), will just make the ones just mentioned feel even worse… (Cold hearted people like me will be ok anyway… (Not that I feel cold hearted, but I’ve been told I am… But those words came from a guy that I worked with/for during 6 months (no names mentioned) that never got into my pants or heart the way he apparently wanted and had planned to...).

Anyway, it is Valentine’s and I’m happy for the ones that do have someone “special” to love. Take care of each other! And I am also happy for all the people that I love - the people that touch my heart (my dear family (s) and my dear friends) and I just want you to know that. So this one goes out to you! A big hug and all my love to all of you.

PS. If I was to receive something to day a hug and a kiss would be enough to make me happy. A I love you from someone special had also been nice… Well to be honest I would have become absolutely ecstatic over the beautiful underwear I saw at the La Perla shop yester day, or why not a pair of Manolos… (See, as I said above, she's very easy to please this girl… ;-))

3 comments:

Evalinn said...

Happy Valentine Ullis! (I just got 3 identical Happy Valentines text-messes from Lindex - my darling...?)

Patte said...

Hej
När du läser detta är det inte Valentine´s day längre.
Men vi vill att du ska veta att vi har tänkt på dig idag. Och vi skickar här virituella kramar och pussar till dig.
Kram Sofia & Partik

ulrica said...

Fia och Patte,
Virtuella pussar och kramar till er och barnen med!!