Monday 12 February 2007

a sneaky little house-warming

At 6pm Saturday I had a little house warming for the girls (Marietta to the left and Tiina to the right).

The night included special features as:

  • how to open Smirnoff Ice bottles with scissors and a lighter – it works but it would have been so much easier with a bottle opener…
  • how to open two cans of corn with a potato peeler and a hammer – it also works but it’s not the best…
  • first dinner cooked in my new kitchen – on the menu: a fresh rocket/tomato/avocado salad as a starter and a corn/potato soup and cheesy bread as main course.
  • ulrica showing off her cocktail skills – and I did good! which also means that we did good drinking them!

A very good night was had and once out and about we got “picked up” by a American steward working for Cathay. And yes he was very gay, which made the whole pick up thing weirdly entertaining and funny… And after moving on to another night club on his suggestion, we got dumped! He just said excuse me and left! Not that we minded at all, cause he was too strange.. but still it was very funny… :-)

6 comments:

Vän av ordning said...

Synd att jag inte kunde komma...!

ulrica said...

Mr ordning och reda,
But you are not a girl now are you...?! (however it would have been great to have you there anyway...!!)

Evalinn said...

Good morning Ullis! I would also have liked to come...but there will be new parties won´t there?

I´ve spent all morning trying to call the mechanic. Car is borken and I was gonna take it to the mechanic today and now it won´t start at all...Geeee...

So I guess from now, this day can only get better! : - )

ulrica said...

E,
There certainly will be more partying done. And you are most welcome!!

Have a great day and hope the Pearl feels better soon....

Gorgeous in Orebro said...

Great to see that the spotted sofa/armchair is in place!

To all of you who doesn´t know the story behind that sofa/armchair the two girls in the picture are sitting in.

I was visiting Ulrica in Stockholm late November last year and she told me to meet up outside R.O.O.M - a famous furniture store. That was because she wanted to take a second look at the sofa/armchair that eventually would be her companion in HK. We took a look at the sofa and Ulrica went to the cash register for the big purchase. (In my opinion it was rather expensive..) The shop assistant then asked Ulrica about the transportation of the sofa/armchair. Though I objected she insisted it was possible to carry it from the shop to Her "crib" (1.3km!!). After approx. 200m I realised that this was mission impossible and wanted Ulrica to call a Taxi, she just laughed and called it exercise. After being rejected by the taxicompany thanks to our large item I was really pissed off.Then Ulrica came up with the brilliant idea; "Let´s take the bus!". Said and done, we entered the bus through the middle entrance. OK! We made it, I can give you that but we blocked the exit for everyone else and we made fools out of ourselves.
After this trauma she bought me dinner and we had a really nice evening.

Love you dear!!

ulrica said...

Darling,
First of all it's a love-seat!
Second of all, you also thouhgt that the transportaion they offered was very expensive... And we never made fools of ourself, we just made people laugh - that's a big differce. ;-)(And may I add something to the love-seat story..., that we only took the bus one stop, and honestly I do not beleive it's 1.3 km, the store is only a few blocks away, but anyway...)
But yes we did have a good night (as we always do!)after your anger washed away, and let me tell you again that I really did appreciate your help immensely, and I love my love-seat so I'm forever grateful!
Love you too by the way.
Puss