Sunday 4 February 2007

time to move




As I am just about to move to another part of Hong Kong, the time has come for me to say good bye to my present neighbours here in Wanchai (the name of the part of the city where I’ve been staying since I arrived). And although I’ve enjoyed my time here, I will leave Venus, Hot Lips, Sweet Dreams, Wild Things and Pussy Cat, with their bright blinking lights outside and young naked girls inside, without shedding any tears. Am also hoping to leave my lodgers (i.e. the cockroaches) behind…

I think most of you know how much I love my flat and neighbourhood in Stockholm (incl. the look and the feeling of the place, the convenience to everything, the restaurants and shops around it, etc etc). Well, I have the feeling that my new place will provide me with the same sense of satisfaction… Hollywood Road (my new street!) and the rest of Soho (my new neighbourhood!) has everything I want - a vast variety of food and bars, great shopping for both clothes and pretty little things, as well as beauty saloons and gym (and a yummy guy in one of the restaurants, where they also serve a yummy brunch…). My new place even comes with features I don’t have at home; such as a pool, Jacuzzi and TV-screen in the bathroom. Yes, this girl is a happy girl!

I must admit though that I have a very hard time with the smell from all the-little-corner/ a-hole-in-the-wall restaurants with dead birds (chickens, ducks etc) hanging in the windows. The smell really lingers too (feels like the whole streets smells at times) and I try to hold my breath when I pass these places as much I can and remember… So I guess you can guess that dim sums’ and other Chinese dishes do not really belong to my food of choice.

However, no need to worry about food, lots of choices around, and if I get a real craving I can always walk to IKEA and by estrella chips, candy, lingon berries, bread and cookies... Actually, might just grab one of those chocolate cookies (havre flan med choklad) right now...

xox

5 comments:

Patte said...

Hej darling

Kul att se, har inte varit hemma, men Patrik har berättat om uppstarten av din blogg.
Nu har vi avverkat en helg i Norrköping. Det var bra. Hade 40-års kalas för Åsa. Det var kul och mycket folk. Malin och Teresa kom.
Ha en bra vecka.
/Kram Sofia

Evalinn said...

Hey Babe, det låter som att du får en kanon-mysig lägenhet! Jag är sååå avundssjuk! kram kram

ulrica said...

men eva så kan du vøl inte säga! du har ju verkligen världens mysigaste lgh! min är mer "fin" än mysig, men jag kommer trivas och jag ska lyxa så mycket jag bara kan.
ha en bra dag.
kram kram

Vän av ordning said...

Du kan skicka Loulou, Froufrou och Chouchou till mig...

ulrica said...

snusk greve! ;-)
tänkte på dig hela morgonen - lyssnade på Prefab Sprout - så bra!
tänkte på dig igår med, käkade thai och då brukar jag tänka på dig och hur du alltid tar en sista sked med stark cocos-mjölk sås...