Friday 2 February 2007

4 weeks in HK


Friday again... Time flies. And after 4 weeks in my toy filled office (situated in the tallest building in the picture), I feel I am starting to get somewhat a grasp of things both inside and outside these walls.


However, I am very aware of that there are an immense number of things out there for me to discover and explore and that I most likely will get confused, surprised (like finding out that IKEA only sells short beds in Asia, meaning that I more or less will be sleeping with my toes outside the bed…) and frustrated on many occasions. All I am saying is that some things are starting to feel familiar and I think I now can imagine ever so slightly how my new life here in Hong Kong will look like. And I like what I see! And it feels great to be able to say that, cause imagine what a nightmare it would be otherwise.


The city is full of feminine dressed short girls in high heels. And I walk around feeling more or less like a ugly dresses giant in comparison to them (even though I'm actually making an effort... ).
I certainly do not draw attention to myself at all by the male gender - I’m too big for the Asian guys, and the westerners find the small, petite and pretty little black haired girls with brown eyes very exotic (and don’t get me wrong, I definitely understand them, the pretty girls over here are sooo beautiful…), so all eyes are on them. This means that I can not make use of my blond Swedish charm, and that’s a change as I’m overseas, because that is usually where it works the best… But honestly, I don’t mind, cause that means that I really can turn my attention to something us girls really love to do… yes you are correct… shopping!

I promise you, I could easily walk up to our finance manager at work everyday and say: could I have a cash advance please?! (and even that wouldn't be enough….) Oh my god… please save me from this sin… and please give me strength to stand up to these immoderate temptations… or just give me more money! (now that would be the easiest solution I think, and also the most favourable one for me… :-))

The city also appeals immensely to my esthetically eye. The bars and the restaurants for instance are all beautifully decorated and very cool looking, so a lot of money must be put in to the design. And at night the city line must be one of the most beautiful in the world.
Time to go. Think a 90 min massage will put me in a good mood for the weekend.
Talk to you later.


3 comments:

Evalinn said...

90 mts massage låter inte illa!

Så himla kul att läsa om vad du gör och vad du tänker där borta...något kul på gång i helgen?

Ikväll har vi fest med Växjö-killarna (roligare än det låter, jag lovar) och imorgon är det Sats-inspirations-dag...men jag får se om morgondagen. Har lite ont i halsen...

kram kram

ulrica said...

jo du 45 min fotmassage och sen 45 min kroppsmassage for 160 spann ar en mycket bra start pa helgen.... detta var 3:e fredagen i rad nu som vi gick efter jobbet.

funderar pa att utoka till en huvudmassage med...

annars star besok till ikea pa schemat infor helgen och flytt harifran till nya stallet!

ha en bra helg eva, kram kram

Patte said...

Tja ba !!!
Vad ska man säga... Toppen idé helt enkelt med Blogg.
Sitter och titta på Matrix på kanal 1, tänk dig :-)
Sofia och barnen är i Norrköping.
Jag saknar dig i huset, finns mycket att måla...
Har även fixat till rummet på Årstavägen. Nymålat och fint nu.
Ser fram emot bilder och ja... Du ska få biler du också....
Ha en trevlig lördag. Själv ska jag knoppa in.
Känns lite kansigt att titta på det man skrivit... Står 3 februari 06:41......
Sköt om dig
// patte