Wednesday 14 May 2008

me, riding and water

As most of you know I had an incident a few years ago of falling into water when riding... (I was in Greece, I was riding a scooter and the rest is history...) That incident was quite painful, but very funny and people still like to remind me of it...

To make sure not to disappoint anyone I (or my horse actually) decided to do the whole maneuver all over again... So on our last morning of riding, as we were leaving our little camp, I went flying over my horses head straight into the water!

Mind you, last time I tried this "me, riding, water-thingy", it was a beautiful Summer day, I was wearing shorts and the water I fell into was the cooling Mediterranean.
This time around it was a cold morning in the Chinese mountains and I was wearing several layers of clothing plus gloves and a beanie, and the water I fell into was a river filled with freshly melted snow from the mountain tops above.
It was bloody freezing!
However, very funny!
With a scream and a big splash, there I was, soaking wet.

And the fall seemed to be appreciated, not only by my guides and fellow riders, but also by the guides from the neighbouring camp, who were cheering loudly when I quickly ripped all my wet clothes off and shivering got a set of dry ones on instead...

I'm such an entertainer...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jag önskar att jag hade kunnat vara med även den här gången...för jag kan tänka mig att det var lika oslagbart som förra gången ;)

Carina

ulrica said...

jooo. det var det nog, inte lika blodigt, men fan sa mycket kallare... men kan lova att jag tankte pa dig och pa att du skulle ha statt dar och garvat och skakat pa huvudet... :-)