Tuesday 13 May 2008

earth quake


Sometimes you get more than you ask for.
Like me wanting adventures...

Yesterday I found myself in the middle of a "real" adventure, as a big earth quake shook China. And I was there, more or less in the epicentral of the quake. An earth quake that measured 7.8.

Just as our plane were to leave to HK the ground moved.
Chengdu airport was shut down and we were stuck in the plane.
Now from my perspective, being totally isolated from the outer wold in this "metallic tube", it was a very boring and trapped experience. We were not allowed to move for almost 9 hours, all we could do was wait... But we were so lucky, because outside our little airplane world, houses fell apart, people were injured, people were killed (they now say 10000 is dead, and they are still counting) and all I felt some movement of the plane. Bizarre..., but as I said, very lucky.

I am now at home, safe and sound, in HK, and the whole experience feels surreal.
It was an ending to my trip that I never in a million years could have expected. But I guess adventures come unexpected at times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej

Skönt att ni mår bra!! Jag sa till Patrik igår, undra om Ullis kände av jordbävningen, men han sa att HK ligger långt från centrum!! Så fel han hade, men ett lyckligt slut måste man säga.
Och vilken härlig (på olika sätt) resa ni har haft. Vill höra mer detaljer. Hälsa Tiina och Kris
/Kram Sofia

ulrica said...

Hej,
Joda, vi mar bra, om an lite trotta... gardagen var mycket lang... Och ja, resan har varit fantasktisk.
Angaende detaljer, sa har jag precis publierat fler, och nan till kommer folja.... an sa lange finns det en onamnd historia att fortalja... men den kommer snart.... Stora kramar och halsa hela familjen.