Thursday 15 May 2008

back to normal...

The weather has been beautiful since I got back to HK. The city stands proud of it self and everything is normal.

I have started my new job (which feels great) and I have moved houses (which also feels great, even though body is hurting a bit from all the carrying), but otherwise all is normal.

However, I can't stop thinking about the victims of the earth quake. How the guys that we met on our trip are doing (are they ok, alive etc?), how are the horses, the pandas, the stunning little mountain villages that we drove, rode, walked past, the extremely helpful lady that ran the restaurant where we ate in Song Pan, the kids that I gave pens and clothes to...

I should be up there, helping, doing something.
I shouldn't be sitting here on my arse feeling as happy as I do...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej
Nej, livet är inte rättvist. De som har minst och svårast i livet, drabbas oftare av svårigheter. Vi som har det bra för försöka så gott vi kan att hjälpa de som har det svårt. Vi får göra det på det sätt vi kan, och om många strävar åt samma håll får vi förhoppningsvis en bättre värld.
Jag är glad att du sitter på din bak och finns i livet i alla fall!!
Kram Sofia

ulrica said...

Fia, stor kram!

Vähän raskaana said...

The pandas are fine (according to the Finnish newspaper)! And Dakks seems to be okay as well (read from his blog).

But what a horrible tragedy! Imagine if we had been in the mountains when it happened..