Saturday 31 May 2008

agent u

I like Singapore.

Even though the city has been under siege all day by a big thunder storm...
Managed not to get too wet though. First by staying in bed, reading a good book, until it was no longer morning, but late afternoon and then by hiding underneath a big umbrella whilst having lunch. (And that's one of the things I really appreciate about Singapore. All the outdoor restaurants. Miss that sooo much in HK.)
However, when the rain and the lightening finally gave in, I was ready. Ready to hit the streets of Singapore.

So I walked.
And at one point I stumbled upon Anderson Rd.
Just had to check it out.
And I soon noticed that I wasn't the only one on this posh street.
It was lined by police.
Don't know what was going in, but it looked very important...
However, I decided to ask one of these policemen, if I was walking in the right direction for the botanical gardens (because of course I managed to forget the map in my hotel room).
And as I asked the question and he walked off to consult one of his colleagues, a silly, but quite exciting, thought popped into my head...:
What if they think I'm some sort of agent/terrorist (IRA, Hezbollah, well you name it...), who is trying to distract them by pretending to be an innocent lost tourist, while my terrorist partners, manages to get to the important people the police are lining up for, and within minutes after I gratefully thank these policemen for their help, a bomb will go off...
Hmm, maybe not so likely..., but whilst waiting for the directions (in real life, not in my vivid imagination) I tried to look extra blond, innocent, and foreign-babe-like (just in case)... And I had to laugh at my own thoughts and tell myself that maybe I should try and separate real life from the book I'm currently reading...

Over and out
//Agent U

No comments: