Wednesday 4 April 2007

shanghai update

Shanghai sure is big and seems to be a really cool city.
And speaking about cool, it’s been freakn’ freezing…don’t know when I felt so cold last. People have been walking around in winter jackets, gloves etc, whilst all I had on was a T-shirt and a jumper… Doesn’t really cut it… Anyhow I survived, but my ambitions of doing a proper sightseeing in the little time that I had, was kept to a minimum. No pleasure in walking around when 5 minutes was all it took for one to feel like jar of frozen yoghurt…

But I’ll be coming back, that’s for sure! Because the little I saw gave me good vibes, and I definitely want to see more. However, being used to HK standards now, when it comes to all the people in the streets, I sometimes almost got a feeling of the city being deserted… (Like someone actually made a joke saying that Shanghai has over 18 million inhabitants or like 93 per cent of them had been told to stay off the streets or maybe they were all just playing hide and seek and I weren’t invited…) Quite nice though, being able to walk normally without bumping into 100’s of people within an hour.

And compared to HK the city also differs when it comes to the buildings. Where HK displays high rises and high rises only, Shanghai displays a mix of the old and the new, the high and the low. Which is real nice I think.

(Although no question at all that HK wins the battle of which city is the best!)

So thank you Shanghai for a good, however cold, adventure and know that I’m leaving you with good feelings and with the intension of returning soon again.

No comments: