Monday 23 April 2007

ginger, lemon and honey

I'm sick. Again... The usual - fever and a sore throat... It started Friday and since then I have spent most of my time lying down in my sofa, reading books, watching movies, and giving my self health boosts consisting of juices (normal juices, healing juices and reanimating juices....) and green tea with ginger, lemon and honey. All to make a speedy recovery.

However, in spite of all my good efforts, four days later I'm still sitting here in my sofa, and still have a temperature (+38). So I've just been to the doctor. And in front of me now, together with my mug of ginger, lemon and honey tea, I also have a bag of pills. Hopefully those white little things will do the trick that my health boosts haven't been able to do...

And I've been thinking...
Could I be trying too hard? Living a healthy life I mean... (Cause I think I do live pretty healthy... I walk to and from work, I go to the gym, I make sure I eat vegetables and fruit and all those things you are supposed to do...).

So I'm thinking maybe I should start living my life differently. Maybe I should take up smoking, start eating unhealthy, stop exercising, increase my alcohol intake dramatically (shouldn't be too hard... :)) and maybe even start doing drugs (not too much of course, even an unhealthy life can be lived in moderation..., but a gram of coke for Friday and Saturday and some weed on Sunday just to chill out - that's pretty normal, loads of people do that every weekend...) Maybe that's the remedy...

But no, I like my healthy life, so don't worry, I won't. But one thing is clear and that is that I think it's sooo incredible boring to be sick, I think it's unfair that I do get sick so "often" and I really do wonder what I should do not to catch all these germs that I most obviously am catching...

OK, time for another sip of that healthy remedy of mine.
Ciao.

4 comments:

Evalinn said...

Poor Ullis! I feel so sorry for u, I used to struggle with a lot of colds too. But this year I´ve been able to escape them. Maybe it´s because I try to sleep when I need to. Or maybe it´s just that I made up my mind not to get any colds...

ulrica said...

Thanks E, I feel better already :)

Vän av ordning said...

Kära Ulica! Krya på Dig! Som dagisfarsa kryar man ALDRIG på sig, så lycka till.
Du måste börja äta mer kött. Kött kött kött!

ulrica said...

Tack min vän för krya på dig hälsningen. Nu är jag ju inte världens köttätare, men jag lovar att jag ska försöka om du menar på att det hjälper...