Tuesday 2 March 2010

wedding menu


My colleague got married last Sunday, so I got to go to an other traditional Hong Kong Chinese wedding. Just like last time it was held in a big ball room in one of HK's many hotels.

The bride cried, the groom cried, the grooms sister cried - out of happiness of course. And everyone was really happy that the couple finally could get married, especially themselves, because they had been waiting 2 years for this special day. Reason - The fortune teller had advised them not to get married earlier...

Anyway, according to traditions the bride got changed at least 4 times during the night and we were served a 11 course dinner. Not always (to be totally honest) really to my liking, but since I was the only gweilo there, my opinion doesn't count. :)

Ps. Menu attached, what do you think?

4 comments:

Miss Upsey Daisy said...

Mycket mat säger jag!

ulrica said...

Miss UD,
Faktiskt inte sa mycket som det later... Av varje ratt far du bara en liten liten tallrik, eller en liten liten skal med mat. Och om jag skall vara helt sanningsenlig sa gick jag och kakade middag innan jag gick till brollopet, for enligt forvantan sa var maten pa brollopet bedrovlig...

Vähän raskaana said...

Mmmm...yummy! Reminds me of our lovely annual dinners :)Hope you didn't go hungry to the wedding..

ulrica said...

Tiina,
Yep you definitly know what I'm talking about. But don't worry - I've become quite street wise these days... An late lunch/early dinner at Wagyu will get you through a late wedding dinner without any problems at all :)
Miss you!