Monday 14 December 2009

the fight

I arrived in Singapore with butterflies in my stomach.
I departed Singapore with a black eye, a blue swollen lip, a sore nose and a big enormous smile on my face as well as great memories.
What a weekend I have had! Amazing.

So the fight:
Well never got that nervous, and that surprised me, but I really felt like I had nerves of steel. And the support I had in the arena was incredible! I walked though the crowd into the ring to The Final Countdown and it was such a kick. My colleagues and especially my girls - Team Dynamite, made lots and lots of noise and put a big big smile on my face. And knowing that my trainer Vusi was in my corner made me feel safe.

Three rounds of hard punching later the referee raised my hand in the air. And all I could think was: I did it! I f-ing did it!! Amazing feeling.



By the way forget what I said about the landed eagle/dragon. I looked like a giraffe. A giraffe in blue ugly clothes...(sometimes I manage to forget how tall and skinny I actually am...), but who cares, I WON!!

No comments: