Sunday 26 April 2009

bigger & better


My gym, pure fitness, is under construction. They are expanding and once they are done they will have over 50% bigger total net area.

The changes are happening gradually, but with a quite fast pace, so every time I go there, something new has happened, what used to be on one floor is now on an other etc. And the new changing rooms are a dream, just beautiful!

Isn't great when things not only get bigger but also better!
(I'm hoping that my body will go through the same transformation, like a reaction to the changes in the gym... A bigger and better me. One can always hope hey?!)

One thing I'm sure will remain the same, regardless of all the renovation, is the the Sunday smell of the cardio area. All the people that had a big night the previous night that are there to work their bad conscious all out, bring a certain smell to the room, that old booze smell that oozes out of peoples bodies and breath the day after... Some Sundays it's like walking into a wall when you step into the room. But hey hats off to the ones that tries, when I smell like that I don't go to the gym at all, all I do is lay in bed, sit in front of the TV and eat unhealthy snacks.

Anyway, pure fitness, thanks for making my sometimes struggling work out sessions into a beautiful experience.

2 comments:

Evalinn said...

Exciting! :-) How about your boxing, will there be a secound chance?

ulrica said...

Yes hopefully I'll get to fight later on this year!