Monday 29 September 2008

one year older

I woke up during the night and in front of me stood this beautiful woman.
She had golden hair, white clothes, wings and a wand in her hand.
She told me she was a birthday fairy and that I could make one wish. 'But you have to be quick' she added.

I was totally gob smacked, didn't know if I still was dreaming or not. One wish she said... What did I want... Breakfast in bed, a big cake, an expensive hand bag, money, a prince on a white horse, a kingdom... Oh I just couldn't make up my mind... I mean who thinks clearly in the middle of the night, and under pressure too...

Next thing I hear, is a 'oh no', and right in front of me this beautiful fairy turns into a ugly big nosed witch dressed in black. And she starts laughing. 'Ha ha ha ha ha ha, you were too slow you ugly bitch. Didn't know that your pretty little fairy was cursed did ya?! Now you don't get to make a wish anymore, I will make one for you. Ha ha ha ha ha.' 'Listen carefully she said, I will only say one word, but you will soon come to understand its meaning. 'Grey'. And then she was gone.

Grey I thought, what the hell does she mean. A minute later I was convinced that it all must have been a dream. And I fell asleep again.

I know that's what you think too, that I was dreaming, that it was all imagination. But it wasn't, I know that now. It was true. It is true. The word grey - I know what she meant. This morning I found two grey hairs in my fringe.

So Happy 'Grey' Birthday to me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grattis på födelsedagen.

Kram Li

Kris said...

Hello beautiful,
Just sending my love from way down here and hoping you only get 2 grey hairs for the whole year. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Missing you so. Wish I was there for you, especially today. Love you. xoxo

Fröken Reko said...

Grattis Ullis! :-) Bär dina gråa med stolthet, du är snyggast! ;-)

ulrica said...

Li,
Tack!
Har inte du oxa precis fyllt ar? Grattis i efterskott i sa fall!

Kris,
Thanks alskling. Wish you were here too. Love you. xo xo xo

Froken Reko,
Tack for det. Men maste erkanna att jag inte gillar dem alls. Graa har, det innebar ju att jag borjar bli gammal... och det stammer ju faktiskt inte. By the way, vem ar du froken Reko?

Anonymous said...

Japp, jag har också fyllt år. Tack så mycket.

Fröken Reko är en ny sida av vår fruga.

/Li

Anonymous said...

Hej sötnos! Stoort grattis på födelsedagen. Längtar efter dig, kram Pernilla

ulrica said...

Pernilla,
Tack tack rara du. Langtar efter dig med. Kommer hem till jul, hoppas vi kan ses da!
Stor kram