Saturday 27 September 2008

one good thing


There is only one good thing about pneumonia.
You get time to read books you have intended to read for a while.

Right now I'm reading a book that my good friend Trita has written.
Full of important and interesting facts.
I know that by the time I finish it, I will feel "enlightened".
And I also know that by the time I finish it, I will be full of admiration for him.

(Although he's just a Turk... He's not really, he's Persian. But if he can call me a Turk, well then I can call him the same back... Not that there's anything wrong with being Turkish, but you know the Persians - they think they are so superior and special... ;-) And so do we - the Swedes... Although we're blond and stupid... But then again, at least we don't smell like Turks, but oops, my boyfriend does and he is Australian... Well, I guess that just shows that no-one is better than anyone else, regardless of country of origin... Anyway...)

But to be honest, I have always admired this man.
Since I first met him actually, when he was still a boy, about to become a man.
Since we sat around that pool in Dubai, talking about this and that and everything, me with a needle in my hand (was creating a Christmas pig on a piece of fabric that as to get sold on a Christmas bazaar at the Swedish/Norwegian church) and he had a book in his hands, probably one that had something to do with international relations...
Since I understood that this Turk was a smart one... Even though I managed to trick him with my not so impressive card tricks... ;-)

No comments: