Thursday 21 August 2008

as time goes by

Sometimes I feel like 17. Even though I know I am a bit older, and sometimes also wiser...

One of those moments was yesterday when my first host parents from Australia, Andrew and Sue, came to see me on a very quick visit.

We were sitting there, talking away around the dinner table overlooking Kowloon with its light show, and it just felt like it was yesterday we were sitting around the dinner table in their old house in Wantirna, Melbourne. And I felt 17 again. Weird, but at the same time, such a good feeling. Even though time has gone by, I still feel that sense of belonging as I did then, and even though our conversation might be a bit different, it's still the same... We are the same, but different at the same time.(And I think that feeling always will be with me and it definitely always will be welcome whenever it chooses to appear. The feeling of being on my first real adventure, in a totally new environment, getting to know people that would become very special to me, and in the process - becoming the person that I am today...)

Unfortunately we didn't have much time together, but we still managed to do some sight seeing (the big Buddha), and have a nice dinner.

Andrew and Sue, it really was great to see you! And I'm expecting to see your faces over here in HK again... :)

No comments: