Tuesday 5 June 2007

friends

Isn't it just great when you meet people that you hit it off with at once?!
Isn't it great when you meet people that you feel nothing but comfortable with?
Isn't it great with friendships that last even though you don't really make much of an effort, but because you really did hit it off and did feel comfortable with that person from the very beginning, you don't have to.

Isn't it great when you just can pick it up where you last left it off and it feels like no time has past at all, like it was only yesterday you met when in fact it has been months and sometimes years....

Isn't it great when the sound of the voice of one these special people make you smile and feel all warm inside. (And today I received one of those phone calls... Smiled all day, thanks Mr Smith!)

Well I think it's great anyhow, and I'm blessed with friendships just like that.
So just wanted you to know that you guys are very special to me.

xxx

3 comments:

Paul Champagne said...

The beauty of modern communications and the internet is that you can keep in touch with old friends that are scattered around the world and pick up where you left off as though not a day had passed.

This would not have been possible even 20 years ago. Your post just made me think of this.

Evalinn said...

Ulrica, I don´t think we hit it off especially right off to begin with, but I´m really glad I got to know you. You´re such an easy-going, fun-loving and adventurous friend. Easy-going and fun-loving are characteristics that never should be underestimated, they are essential to a good and lasting friendship!

ulrica said...

E, the biggest of hug to you!!!
Paul, glad I made you think... ;)