Saturday 1 March 2008

annual dinner

Event: Annual Dinner
When: Last night
Theme: Carnival
Dressed up as: Funky Clown
Food: Chinese(Good? No, not really. Next question.)
Responsibilities: MC (As the only gwailo (white guy) in the social committee I didn't really have a choice, I was simply appointed the task. Not that I minded, but had to sing the Top-Toy song in that mic as well, and that I minded...(remember that special one from our Toy fair in Denmark in September...?)).

An annual dinner is the biggest social event in companies here in Hong Kong and also quite traditional. So just like last year it was an evening consisting of: a long dinner, games, a lucky draw, excited and happy Chinese colleagues and millions of photos being taken.

And for me who have had a week full of costume sourcing for Halloween, X-mas and Carnival the theme seemed extra appropriate. (Have had a very busy week actually, working with costume selections/developments both day and night... and I really mean that literally too, since I've had a few good ideas come to me in the dreams at night... And I feel pretty pleased with the results so far. So now all I can do is hope that the costumes will be well received in the stores by our customers too).

And for all my faithful Finnish readers out there (It was great meeting you at the wedding by the way! Have been meaning to tell you that for a long time now...), I give you the Finnish princess (and her clown friend):
Event over: 23.00 hours
Glad when it was over: Yes
Now: Weekend

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss BLOG!

Yes. Having seen your latest blog we wanted to wave our hands here in Finland (have a look in your windows on the North-West side) and thank you for the blog. As you see, still reading. Always, always!

Keep going
Reijo & Pirjo

ulrica said...

Reijo & Pirjo, I saw you!! And I waved back!

Evalinn said...

U look great though, MissParyPrincess!