Wednesday 9 January 2008

sunny holidays

I love sunny holidays. And this Thailand holiday was no exception. Hurray, happy days!

As Tiina and I pride our selves in being efficient professional travellers, that's exactly how we did Bangkok. In one day I think we managed to make sure we saw quite a wide range of what Bangkok has to offer. Beautiful temples, cheap markets, beauty/massage places and seedy ping pong.

And after a little "rocky" start on our beach holiday in Koh Chan, we moved on south east to the island Koh Kood and found paradise.
(That is rocky as in not liking the place as much as we had hoped and as in a very rocky snorkeling trip (some people didn't snorkel at all, some were just trying to concentrate on the horizon, but despite all their efforts all they did was loose their breakfast). And that is paradise as in a beautiful tranquil island, long golden sand beaches, turquoise water and lazy days in the sun).


I love paradise.








PS. For you who ever doubted my ability to drive a scooter, let me just re ensure you that I have improved my driving skills and now a days drive like a pro (and I must admit that I do prefer to stay on the roads with the bike instead of jumping off the board walk and taking the bike down with me into the shallow rocky water... (and that is rocky as in many hard stones that break your ribs when you fall on them)).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej

Vi vill ha bevis på att du kan köra vespa!! Patrik känner sig inte övertygad över ditt ord. Vi vill ha bildbevis!!
Kul att ni har haft det bra, och att ni lyckades hitta erat paradis. Här hemma är det inte så paradisaktigt kan jag säga. Känns som att det knapt blir ljus på dagarna!
Gustav vill åka till dig igen. Han sa det i måndags morse och han var mycket allvarlig.
Du får ha det så bra.
/Kram Sofia och Patrik

Vähän raskaana said...

Take me back!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. But don´t we always when on vacation.

Hugs to you both

/Linda

ulrica said...

Fia och Patte,
Har inga bildbevis... Ni får tro mitt ord helt enklt... Jag kan åka!! Åker både fort och bra faktiskt... :-) Hälsa Gurra att han får komma när han vill!

Tiina, yes please, really wanna go back too!!

Linda, yes we did have a great time and yes we do usually have that! It's all the love between friends and wifes that is the trick I believe. Kram