Wednesday 4 May 2011

dxb here i come


In February 2003 I made a pact with my friend Kristina.
If we were not married by the time we turned 40 we would go to Dubai, stay at the amazing hotel Royal Mirage and live like princesses for a while (until we ran out of money...).
Kristina is turning 40 next month...
But she is married...
So the saga could end right there.
But it doesn't!
At 8.am tomorrow morning my plane takes off and some hours later I will be arriving at DXB international airport surrounded by all the familiar smells and sights (can't believe that is is almost 15 years since I lived there now...).
Dubai i have missed you!
And Kristina I have missed you too!

Looking forward to days in the sun by the pool, looking forward to lots of laughs and chats and looking forward to chicken shawarmas!

2 comments:

Miss Upsey Daisy said...

Hur länge sedan är det du bodde i Sverige?

ulrica said...

Miss UD,
Drygt 4 ar sedan... Har bott I HK sen januari 2007. Innan dess var jag hemma i Sverige i drygt ett ar. Kom da fran Monaco, men dar bodde jag bara drygt ett halv ar. Innan min lilla svang i Syd-Europa var hemma i Sverige i flera ar. 1996/97 bodde jag har i Dxb och reslusten vacktes till liv nar jag som 17-aring akte till Australien som utbytesstudent (1992/93).