Sunday 1 April 2012

a quicky to shanghai


Had to go to Shanghai for meeting.
I like Shanghai, but was less thrilled having to take my precious Sunday to travel and have a meeting on.
Ant and Teddy walked me to the airport express station, which was nice. But Ant stood on me as we walked and my shoe broke, which wasn't as nice. And no shoe repair place was apparently open in the city an early Sunday morning...
So I began my trip towards Shanghai with my broken shoe.
However was told that there was a shoe repair man at airport so ran there as soon as I found out, but it was closed since it was Sunday.
So I went to 7 eleven and bought glue.
Repaired shoe with glue whilst flying to Shanghai. Almost glued my fingers together as well, but at least shoe was fixed.

Arrived to a beautiful day in a sunny Shanghai.
Hotel was nice as well - got a big room with one of those toilets that have a heated toilet seat and that cleans your bum if you press the correct buttons.
Meeting went really well and we finished the night with a super nice dinner with a perfect view over the Bund.
So I think Shanghai came through and made my day much better than expected in the end.

No comments: