Wednesday 16 February 2011

yesterday

My story of yesterday:

Got stuck in the thumb print machine yesterday morning as I was leaving HK.
The man that let me out told me my visa had run out.
I said what – no no it runs out on April 1.
He said, nope it ran out on Jan 4.
1.4 or 4.1, same same but different…
Me = an illegal immigrant in HK!!
Had to go through a quick immigration procedure right then and there, pay some money and off I ran to the plane.
(Need to sort out visa sap when I get back!!!)

Was asked as I was buying water to have on the plane where I was going and managed to say New Zealand! Too early in the morning for me that is for sure… Ok was flying Air NZ – but was going to London...

Anyway, got on the plane and flight was ok, watched 4 movies.

Got to the hotel and my colleague Ruzina arrived at the same time.
Thought I’d check in quickly.

NOPE.

Madam, your credit card is not working – have you got another one?
No.
Then you need to go and get some cash.
Ok, keep smiling, although you def don’t want to – go get money…
Cash machine will not let you get all that money you need out.
Need to go to bank – which is not close by.
Get a cab to bank, ask cab to wait will be quick.
Bank lady tells me I need to talk to their customer service before she can help me – gives me a phone.
Get to talk to phone center in India.
I explain what is going on – lady on phone tells me she needs my credit card number – I give it to her – she tells me it has no info connected to it. Could she have my account number – she gets it.
But tells me that is not the kind of number she wants it should be 14 digits long and mine is only 10. I say that is all I have.
We repeat this conversation about 5 times, before she gets a supervisor involved.
I tell him what is gong on.
He tells me he my credit card number – I give it to him – he tells me it has no info connected to it. Could he have my account number – he gets it.
But tells me that is not the kind of number he wants it should be 14 digits long and mine is only 10. I say that is all I have.
He asks to speak to one of the staff in the bank – I get one.
They talk and then realize that since I’m from HK they can’t help me.
I am asked to try their cash machine. It works! I have enough money to be able to check in.

Taxi driver very annoyed when I get back because it took such a long item.
Anyway in the end I have to pay him 36 pounds, so he should just be happy. Bloody rip off.

I get to the hotel. They ask for my credit card. I tell them – but I just went to get cash because you said it didn’t work.
They say, oh but you have a Chinese Credit card, it usually doesn’t work in this machine, but in this – do you want us to try?

I say – yes please try,
IT BLOODY WELL WORKS!!!

But I still have this bunch of cash so even if it works I pay them with the cash and also ask them to deduct the 36 pounds that I had to pay the taxi to go and get cash, which in the end seems to have been a total waste of both time and money.
They agree. (yay!)

I get to check in.
Ruzina and I finally get to sit down and have our meeting (she came with me though to the bank so at least we were efficient)
We have some dinner.
She leaves and I fall asleep in the bath tub.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a "sundaykid", arn't you!!!!!!!???????
Välkommen hem!
HUGS Mom

Syster yster said...

Hahahahahhaaha! Det går bra nu! ;) Snart syns vi iaf! Fredag kväll kom fort tack! Puss

Anonymous said...

Det låter som at du har haft en intressant resa! Hoppas vi kan träffas! Kram S

Miss Upsey Daisy said...

Vilken jäkla dag om du ursäktar franskan...