Tuesday 22 February 2011

alice in wonder(snowy)land


Instead of falling down a hole I came flying through the air.
And I didn't arrive in a strange place, instead arriving and being in Sweden feels very very normal.
But when you live in HK and have not been in very cold weather for years it really did feel like a bit of a fairytale when the captain announced that we were arriving to a city covered in snow and too a temperature of -17.
My first thought was - Holy Mother of God!

In 3 days time I have experienced proper Swedish winter.
It has been cold, it has been snowing, the sun has been shining and I have gotten a proper Swedish cold. So on Saturday I sat in my parents sofa feeling a bit sorry for myself whilst looking out on the blue sky, the sun and the glistering snow.

But I have met up with friends anyway and I just got back from a short but very efficient shopping spree, so I'm feeling very content and happy - even though I have this stupid cold.

The joy of the fresh air and being home is priceless - I do miss this place and all my beautiful friends and my family lots and lots. (And right now I am wondering (quietly) when this foreign babe will become a not so foreign at all babe in Sthlm... Not yet is the answer to that, but some day, some day...)

2 comments:

perake.a@gmail.com said...

Det var så härligt att ha dig hemma igen men tiden blir ju alltid för kort. Hoppas medtagna förkylingen är bättre. Snart kommer vi.
Kram, pappa

Miss Upsey Daisy said...

Måste vara svårt att bo på två ställen.. eller ha två hem rättare sagt.