Friday 30 July 2010

can i whinge

Can I have a whinge?
Just a little one.
Please.

OK, so it's Friday night and instead of being at this cool pool party over looking this beautiful city I am sitting in front of the computer.

As I sigh and wish I wasn't sitting here I get a text message from my lovely Tiina. My travel partner.
Who has been on adventures without me.
In Sri Lanka (one of my favorite countries in the world).

Tiina writes: Hey Sweetie! Thanks for the Sri Lanka tips! I enjoyed a nice slice of cheesecake at Paradise Road Cafe today. I really love this country and need to go back to do some more touring around.

So now I'm even more annoyed over sitting in front of this computer.

The foreign babe answers Tiina: Oh I've been thinking of you so much, wondering how you were. Glad you enjoyed Paradise Road. So wish I could have been there with you. But instead I was sick all last week, and this week I had my boss in town and also had 2 new staff starting. Been busy busy and am in fact still working although it's Friday night and time is 11.33pm. Boo.

Then I think of my friend Marta who this very second is boarding a plane to go home to beautiful Sweden for 3 weeks.
Very jealous!
I haven't had a long holiday in years.
A week is what I usually manage to get off work over here. And during the week off, I'm usually working every day anyway... (Just like I did in India...)

Then I think of all my friends and colleagues in Sweden that have proper Summer holidays - because that is how we do it at home.
But it's not the way we do it in HK.
Here we work.
All the time.
This summer has just flown past so far and all I have done is worked.
Approximately 12 hours or more per day...

I need a break.
Really can't wait for next Friday - as it then will be me sitting on a plane on my way to Sweden.
One week of holidays coming up!
Yes I will still need to work during my holiday, but I will try to do as little work as possible.

Now I will stop complaining and let you have a nice weekend.
I only need to work for an hour or so tomorrow and a few hours on Sunday, so I will enjoy my weekend as much as I can as well.

Ciao.

2 comments:

Vähän raskaana said...

Hmm..I recall someone just spending an awesome holiday in India! Hopefully that compensated a bit for missing a proper summer holiday.

Sri Lanka was awesome. Such a shame you couldn't join me as my travel companion. Next time we need to go together!

I will call you soon.

Kram!

Miss Upsey Daisy said...

Nu är du på väg till Sverige. Hoppas du får det toppen och hade jag bott i Stockholm hade jag gärna träffat dig :)