Monday 2 November 2009

risky event


I just signed a paper where one of the clauses states the following:

I am aware that my participation in the event involves certain amount of risks. I shall therefore not hold.... responsible for any injury or loss of life which may be sustained by me during the training or event or arising from any cause in connection with the event....

Apparently an event where you hit people in the face is not the most un-risky event to participate in... However, the real mystery is: if I lose my life, how would I be able to hold anyone responsible then anyway?! I'm dead aren't I?!
But, if I were lose my life I would most certainly be floating around on a cloud in the sky with a glass of champagne in my hand. And if you're busy drinking champagne on a cloud, life's not too bad anyway! Even if you are drinking champagne with cotton wool up my nose to stop a bleeding (because if I die from a punch I would really hope that it would have given me my first proper nose bleed!) life's not too bad... And just think of the bonus I'd get once the bleeding had stopped and I'd be able to remove the cotton wool from my nose and breathe in the fresh air I suppose they have in heaven instead of HK's polluted air...

Anyway, I better stop there and assure you, (mum, dad, sister, boyfriend and friends), that I am n o t planning on dying. I am planning on kicking my opponent's ass, standing in the ring with my arms in the air screaming 'the winner takes it all, the loser standing small' and sending that bitch home crying! ;)
So please do not worry!

5 comments:

Ben Branch said...

Good luck! Although you don't really need the luck I guess. I feel quite sorry for the poor woman stepping into the ring with you. When is the event? I'd love to come cheer you on.

Patte said...

Vad är inte riskabelt nu för tiden. Bara att ta sig till jobbet kan vara på liv och död ibland. Vore kul om man hade haft möjlighet att komma och titta....

Mvh Patte

Sandra said...

I'll be there hun! Flights and hotel booked, cause that weekend is gonna be a good one, yeah its gonna be a good good one. :)

ulrica said...

Ben,
Of course I need luck. Have you had a look at my guns lately... well they are no bigger than usual, so luck I do need. Event is in Singers on Dec 11.

Patte,
Helt sant, hela livet ar ett riktigt aventyr! Hade varit KALASKUL om ni hade kunnat komma och kolla!!

Sandra,
oooh oooh oooh, that weekend is gonna be a good one!!!

Kris said...

I would so so love to be there and cant believe I won't be able to make it. Hate that I cant, but will hear about it.... the flogging you give that poor poor woman. rock out Ullis! x