Thursday 26 November 2009

amina semlali


Once upon a time I lived in the desert.
Whilst I was living in the desert I worked for an airline.
With this airline I travelled the world for a year.
Travelling the world as a stewardess was hard work, but amazing.

However, even more amazing were the friends that I got during this period of my life.
These friends became friends for life and we are still very close even though we are now scattered around the world. We might not talk everyday, but we are always there for each other, and when we meet up it feels like we've never been apart.

Amina Semlali is one of the friends mentioned above. She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. She is smart and funny (and she sings along to the movie Moulin Rouge, just like me :)). She is a political scientist that has spent many years working on Children and Youth issues - both at policy and grass roots level- mainly for the World Bank but also for NGO's.

Now why do I tell you all this? Because it's true. But also because there are some people out there saying things about her that I don't like. Things that are complete lies. And I don't like lies, nor do I like people being nasty to my friends.

As a conclusion:
People - stick to the truth and the world will be a happier place.
Amina - luv ya!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freckles - grrr - is she single?

ulrica said...

R,
Behave! And no she is not single...

Aliena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amina said...

Ulrica my love, thank you! It all goes back to YOU! Indeed - I too do miss singing along to Moulin Rouge with Dj U! Pleeeease come visit me soon -- we could go to Miami for a week end, have some Cuban food in the sun..
Kisses,
Amina

Anonymous said...

Wow...beautiful she is and a wonderful person 2.
Thumbs up for Amina for being in this world