Thursday 20 November 2008

postman duties


The last two days I've been a true postman.
A company we use for local deliveries didn't manage to do their job properly, so I took care of things instead. If you want something properly done you do it yourself, isn't that how the saying goes?!

So out on the streets I went.
And I got many surprising looks along the way when I as a tall blond gweilo (ghost face, i.e. white person), did hand deliveries around the city.

Have seen many new places and probably used HK's very efficient public transport more during these two days than I've done the last year... Trains, buses, trams and ferries took me to all the places I needed to go, and sometimes (when I got a little lost...) I had to jump into a taxi as well.

Anyway, mission accomplished and I've taken off my postman hat for this time. But who knows, now that I know my way around I might hit the streets again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Posten is back to haunt you!!